Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

Global Warming... What do you Believe?

Discussion Forum on Show Your Dick

Page #24

Pages:  #1... #17   #18   #19   #20   #21   #22   #23   #24   #25   #26  

Started by #485312 [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:50
Fact or Fiction.... is it really happening???
what do you think contributes to it and what is
being done to stop it?

New Comment       Rating: -1  

Comments:
By #637531 07,Mar,21 01:14
Global warming is very real but sadly there's nothing we can do about it. With the increase of new technology and more industrialization, the world will go to shit within say 250 years. And that's be extremely generous. Now obviously that doesn't mean we should just use that as an opportunity to be a slob and use up as much gas and oil and shit as we want, in fact we should rather try and do something to slow the rate. could you imagine if every home in the entire world was run on solar power. That would be incredible in terms of decreasing the rate of climate change. Sadly however, it's just not realistically possible to do anything about climate change on a grand scale. But then again, every little bit helps.
By #485312 09,Mar,21 05:30
yeah, I see what youre saying all the time, we're made to be consumers and we cant change that, just living a life as clean as we can and teaching our kids to do the same is all we can do on a small scale, but while ever shares and shareholders are more important than existence, nothing will change. Even with the last year with people staying closer to home and not using planes. it doesn't seem to make anyone want to stay put any longer.. as soon as borders are opened again and air travel starts again, the air will quality will go back to what it was pre pandemic. Im pretty sure this 'pandamic' didn't reduce world population by large percentages, if at all... *lix*

By #610414 26,Feb,21 09:55
I believe strongly in Global Warming. Thousands, perhaps millions of people are trying to change it. In the end it will be like trying to hold back the ocean tides. Eventually Disney World will be a beach attraction. My opinion.
By phart [Ignore] 26,Feb,21 14:30 other posts 
Um,more coastal property? should I be buying some land down there? My mom supposedly had bought a half acre down there but I never found any paper work on it to verify.Knowing my luck as I told her ,it was probably a sink hole with a Yugo in the bottom.

By phart [Ignore] 25,Feb,21 09:47 other posts 
Think about this for a minute.
The Liberals and democrats and greenies think that handing the governments more money in carbon tax is going to change the temperture of the earth.
Who really is going to make out like a bandit in this equation?

By fatcock66 [Ignore] 22,Jan,21 11:35 other posts 
didn't read whole thread... but if you can't see the evidence right in front of you
By phart [Ignore] 03,Feb,21 22:16 other posts 
As you typed that,1000's of people are under 2 feet of snow.
By #485312 04,Feb,21 05:48
I don't know what the weather patterns in other parts of the world are like, but I find most of the bushfires here in Australia, and not sure what theyre like elsewhere, but here, with all the goodie two shoes and greenies whining about not setting the bush on fire and back burning, that is what I feel has increased the intensities of these fires, and with over population and people building in ridiculous places, what else do they expect?
Most councils here wont back burn or let anyone clean 'fuel' from around their house for fear of the 'greenies' all getting bent out of shape.. you cant even pick up the wood on the side of the road and take home and burn??? now we suffer with these intense infernos, that kill everything in their path, as the wild life doesn't have time to get out of the way, and its decimated spots to the point of the trees just aren't growing back, because everything has been destroyed. I blame most of what we are 'suffering' and I mean all the soft arses that have to sit in an air conditioned office for fear of 'god help them', working up a sweat... I even see people who refuse to stop their car and turn off the air con, because theyre too 'delicate' to embrace a few degrees of discomfort ??? schools now are softening up the kids and providing them all with 'cooled' rooms instead of letting them learn that life isn't always 'perfect'... I get sickened nearly every day by being built out and over populated, we need to stop having so many kids and stop using limited resources, like we don't care about what comes next.. and who cares if we can feed the masses in 30 plus years??? we're already running out of room and putting native animals and plant species in danger... so what happens when we're all so jammed in like sardines and starving, or suffering from lack of toilet paper in this over arse wiped society?? people have no conscience of where food comes from, or how ethical animal welfare is around the raring and killing of your family meal and whether or not your waste is being recycled or tipped properly? no one ever really cares about what theyre lifestyles impacts on things around them.. I think every generation leaves it up the next to fix and no one wants to do what is needed to stop capitalism and reduce our every expending take over of the world.. *Lix*
Your logic: Snow still exists, so climate change doesn't

North pole:
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links (with explanation)

Glaciers:
By phart [Ignore] 04,Feb,21 20:48 other posts 
Just read the name out loud of what you are talking about.Climate change.
The climate has been changing since the Earth formed.And it will continue.Because like any attempt at a perpetual motion machine will show you,nothing goes on forever.The planets orbit the sun,they are and will change their orbits.The sun is changing,thus affecting our climate.Did we create the sunspots?
Think a bit,just think. NOTHING stays the same.Nothing.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 03:39 other posts 
There are indeed natural processes that change the climate on the long term and there are natural disasters that change the climate on the short term.
Oil reserves that have been forming over millions of years being burned in a hundred years and about 46% world deforestation is a man made disaster that changes the climate much more.
Humanity emits about 40 billion tons of CO2 per year (not including wildfires). That is 4 times more than the world record of wildfires in 1997. All those wild fires in California last year, produced only 0.5 billion tons, of the total 7.5 billion tons of CO2 (from all wildfires in the world). only registered users can see external links

That means the use of fossil fuels produces 80 times more CO2 per year then the wildfires in California did. And you keep thinking that doesn't have an effect on the climate?

The effects of humanity on the climate are absolutely clear:

You once said before that you don't listen to politicians, but only trust you own experiences. That can't be the reason, because you were not alive 'since the Earth formed'. Your argumentation is fact free, right wing propaganda from professional climate change deniers.
Still, you probably don't make money from denying climate change yourself, so you must have another reason for your self-denial. Is it fear or is it just effective indoctrination from right wing media?
By #610414 05,Feb,21 09:38
What's more, phart, no one denies the world changes but, as Ananas says, the population of the world is accelerating the warming effect that seems to be coming down the pike. So, I'll allude to his reasoning. phart why are so quick to discard conclusions made by the most brilliant of our scientists in the world?
By phart [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 10:15 other posts 
Brilliance is in the eye of the blinded by the light beholder.
I see the weaponization of the climate change hoax to further control the population.To put folks back on bicycles instead of enjoying what modern tech has to offer.I see it affecting peoples choices in what they can drive,how far they can travel in a day,what they can eat,what they can wear.Have you not read the articals about car manufactors deleting leather interiors from the options list to "go green"?
Have you not read about the deletetion of meat from the human diet being 1 of the goals of the new green deal?
Look at your daily life. The object you are typing on to criticize me is made of plastic.Where did plastic come from? OIL.
The clothes you wear, how was the cotton planted and harvested? Using deisel engines.
The shoes you wear,do you like having to pay $$$ for shoes every couple months because the organic fibers rot right off your feet instead of being able to buy a leather boot or shoe that will give you your moneys worth in time?
Do you want your road trips limited to 300 miles or less a day? What do you do with the rest of the day being at 60 miles an hour you are only going to be able to drive 5 hours a day? Heck,the last long trip I took I drove 650 miles in 1 day ,BEFORE I had to stop and fill up the gas tanks.
study the power grid here in the US and tell me if you think it is up to the challenge of chargeing the electric cars.Members of my family helped install the grid here on the east coast,once it was "finished " in the late 80's,there has been no major upgrades.It takes alot of grid to support every household charging a car.

I could go on and on,but you have to stop looking at graphs and listening to scientist for a moment and look around in YOUR own space and think about the long term effects of your ideas and decisions.
Give the free market time,and alot of people with short commutes will be in electric cars.
By #610414 05,Feb,21 11:01
It is not a hoax. No one wants to control the population in this way. As far as trips are concerned in electric cars, the state of Florida has charching stations in every rest area on major highways. What's more, 300 miles of travel in a single day is more than enough for most drivers to go from charge to charge. The amount of gas you are able to fill up with is different from car to car. Tell me, what's so wrong for a driver wanting to own an electric car? Do the electrons jump from their car to yours and blow out your fuses?
phart, you just DON'T WANT to believe in climate change, because you don't want to care about anything or anyone, except maybe your direct family and friends.
It's not just about climate change. You also don't want to be bothered by the environment, animal cruelty or the extortion of people in poor countries that make your products.

It's just a very selfish world view.
By phart [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 21:01 other posts 
2 warm, I am for choice,free enterprise,drive what you wish,not what you are dictated to by a government.300 miles,sheesh,that is a joke for a road trip cross country.
And another thing, the tech for electric vehicals is Just barely becomeing practical for commuting cars.Rv'ing is still years away from being practical with electric.

And I am not "selfish" as the other 1 says.I don't where that rant came from. ANd it is not "believing" in anything.If it was real,it would be obvious.Like are Ghost real? Show me 1. Is climate change real,"oh here is a graph,here is some carbon in some ice" .Well there are photos that show unexplained "spirits" to.
We don't agree on alot,but at least both sides get a idea of how the other thinks.And I am so thankful I was able to enjoy the better part of my life with a 4 barrel carburetored honking V8 instead of a buzz box that would sound as awesome as my 79 Ez-go.

By Emerald [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 18:40 other posts 
I don't usually do this, but I'll take the bait for once.

Asking whether people believe in global warming makes it sound like some sort of religion. Science is humanity's best attempt at finding the facts. I would like to point out that your car, phone, computer, everything that surrounds you works because of science, so it has proven to be pretty reliable. You wouldn't be reading this if science wasn't trustworthy.

Scientists overwhelmingly agree that global warming is happening, and humanity's contribution is shifting the natural cycle to a degree that, over time (a long time, mind you), threatens our survival as a species. We (meaning humanity) are so sure of this that there is no longer any point in debating the question. Our attention needs to shift to what we can do about it.
--------------------------------------- added after 2 minutes

I don't know if I can post a link here, but XKCD illustrates pretty well why you should be worried about the ongoing climate changes, even though the earth's climate does change in natural cycles, and we have had both warm and cold periods before.

--------------------------------------- added after 13 minutes

Now, to take my own advice, what you should do about it is:

1) Avoid flying airplanes, except in emergencies. A vacation is not an emergency.
2) Drive an electric car, if you can afford one. They're better than petrol cars in most respects, anyway.
3) If your country's electricity mix is coal or oil based, install solar or wind power if possible.
4) Eat vegetables and fish or, if you have to have meat, chicken or pork. Avoid beef and lamb, as they generate methane, a powerful greenhouse gas.
5) Vote for green policies, if you have a chance. The world will eventually move away from fossil fuels in any case (it's profitable), but it will happen much faster if we provide incentives.
--------------------------------------- added after 14 minutes

And with that, I'll get back to looking for people who appreciate a nice, long foreskin...
--------------------------------------- added after 91 minutes

Except for 6) Buy second hand, whenever possible. I forgot that one...
By #6568 18,Dec,20 04:37
Excellent overview!

......It's worth remembering however, that while science itself can generally be trusted the same does NOT apply to many scientists (not to mention politicians)
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 06:29 other posts 
Exactly, some 'scientists' are funded by oil companies with the mission to spread misinformation about global warming, so the executives and share holders can keep raking in the money from a lucrative business, that is unfortunately having devastating side effects, in the long run.
By #610414 18,Dec,20 08:47
That's exactly why God gave you a brain
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 20,Dec,20 03:57 other posts 
The evidence is pretty strong that brains are not a product of God, but of evolution.
By #610414 23,Dec,20 00:15
The development of the brain is evolution but you can’t evolve an empty cranium. I think God had something to do with it.
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

However, as you are being carried towards the sea after a sunami ; I don’t think you’ll care if the local priest gives you absolution
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 14:06 other posts 
True, empty craniums are not the result of evolution. They are the result of watching too much Fox News.
By Strongmember# [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 04:37 other posts 
I agree that asking the question this way gives way too much validation to the very small percentage of experts still disagreeing with man-made climate change theory. This small percentage is often associated with well-funded beneficiaries of maintaining doubt in the mind of the public. If this doubt was not created with a decades long calculated misinformation campaign, then their industry interests would be more likely to suffer because more regulation would be enacted or shifts in consumer behavior.
By #485312 20,Dec,20 16:56
its great to see someone with their own personal plan and I hope you take all your own advice, Id add growing a few vegies, shopping local for local produce and being aware of your responsibility as an educated human being to do all the small things every day, that all add up over a life time.. funny how everyone thought that getting rid of single use bags wouldn't work, well as humans, we learned to adapt and bring our own .. and my biggest pet peeve, would have to be WASTE, food waste, and especially when it comes to meat, seeing someone buy and throw out a piece of uneaten meat to me is just wrong... if an animal dies, give it the respect of at least eating it... how dare you take a life and throw it in the bin... if you cant eat it, then take it home and heat it up and finish it.. *Lix*
By Emerald [Ignore] 21,Dec,20 04:41 other posts 
Yes! I agree with everything you said! I could have made the list longer, but I figured my wall of text was already intimidating enough. We have adopted all of the measures I listed, except for installing solar - and that's because we live in a frozen wasteland where the sun is barely above the horizon for six months in winter, and the electricity mix is 98% hydroelectric in any case. None of the changes required have been particularly painful, so it's definitely possible.
By #485312 21,Dec,20 05:09
we have solar panels, not sure if they make much difference to the power bill, the energy companies here sell them and tell you one thing, they don't send you a bill for 12 months, close the company and than send you a bill for the previous 12 months stating that they take my power and give me 3 cents a Kw, and sell it back to me for 30 cents a Kw,??? and when you try to find the mob that installs them, they conveniently don't exist and no one is liable for the lies... so you never really own the power you generate. but give it to the grid for someone else to sell and make a profit from... its a bloody scam here.. *Lix*
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 21,Dec,20 07:08 other posts 
We have bought our solar panels in February. The price was about €5250 and we got an €1100 tax return. The panels should produce about 3400 KWh, but they have produced 2650 KWh so far. Of course the projected production is an estimation for good circumstances. The spring was good for solar energy, but the summer was way too hot (which impacts the efficiency) and the autumn was dark and wet.
We use about half our produced power ourselves and the other half is 1 on 1 deducted from the power we use from the grid.
Early 2021, I can calculate exactly how much money we saved with our panels.
By phart [Ignore] 21,Dec,20 13:21 other posts 
I bought some batterys last week and the fellow sells alot of them for off grid power. And he told me something I didn't know.Solar panels have a 10 to 20 year life span depending on the type and then they are about impossiable to recycle and you actually have to pay a hazardous waste fee to dispose of them.
Also,unlike the AGM lead acid batterys i buy from him that can be sold for recycle,Lithum cost him 80 cent a pound to get rid of!

Going green,looks good in the short term,but getting rid of the stuff later is exspensive
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 21,Dec,20 17:34 other posts 
In the Netherlands, private individuals can dispose of their discarded solar panel for free in the brown and white goods container in the recycling center.
Our panels have a 10 year manufacturers warranty, 10 year warranty for 90% power output and a 25 year warranty for 80% power output. I trust that they've got the recycling figured out by then.

What do you charge your batteries with? If you live in a windy area, you could make a cheap wind turbine yourself. If you're completely off grid, that's handy.
By up-for-it [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 11:49 other posts 
Great answer, thank you !

Climate change has been happening since the world began (how that began is another debate) but we are speeding up the proces with what we have been doing thus not giving nature and us the time to adjust to the change.

Your tips will help to reduce the impact;

One tip from me; if you can grow your own vegetables: no transport needed and it tastes better; and that is personal experience.

By bustyman44dd [Ignore] 04,Feb,21 05:39 other posts 
We are still in the process of leaving our last ice age which on geological time happened almost yesterday, so we are warming. As to our climate effect i think the industrial revolution would have been more disastrous to the climate than our effect now. i mean everyone burnt wood or coal, all people and all factories. London was thick with smog!
Are we saying that had no effect and suddenly now our cleaner lives are?
If the climate was getting colder i think it would be more of a worry!
We live on the Earth, it doesn't live to sustain us....
If a scientist wants money for a project he has to add climate change or go begging. (cynical i know)!
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 07:35 other posts 
"If a scientist wants money for a project he has to add climate change or go begging"
WHY?

Do you think climate scientists are STUPID or DISHONEST?
Why would anyone give money to scientists to invent nonsense and then spread lies
for eighty years? And how do they continuously acquiring more evidence and make predictions that turn out to be very accurate decades later?
Don't you think scientists would like to do something more USEFUL, if it wasn't true?
Wouldn't you? Do you distrust people that much?

Do you think only that 1% of climate scientists HIRED BY OIL COMPANIES are right?

Oil and coal have been the most lucrative business in history. The whole economy ran or still runs on it. Why would they want to change that? It was even scientists employed by the oil companies who raised the alarm on the climate first. Not a smart strategy to say your employer is destroying the world, if you want to KEEP YOUR JOB!

Would they lie for the money? The average wage of climate scientist is $63,817.
Well educated people can make a whole lot more than that. A pharmaceutical scientist makes $91,206 on average. If they want to make money, they should work for the oil industry and make at least $100,000. Or if they just like lying and think science is too difficult, they could become a lobbyist and make on average $128,438.

The industrial revolution caused a lot of lung disease in the people of London. It even caused moths to change their color to black. Still, global CO2 emissions at that time were a tiny fraction of what it is now. That is because now 89% people in the world have electricity, industry has developed all over the world and not in just a few big cities. Humanity has grown to 7.7 billion people now, which was 1 billion around 1800.
And even if the modern world has switched to oil for the most part, there are still cities thick with smog: only registered users can see external links
By #610414 05,Feb,21 08:34
It'S not the quality. It's the quantity. World population was much smaller. Factories were smaller and in lesser quantities. What's more, while we, the USA and certain European countries have cleaner manufacturing, places like India and China are still using unscrubbed coal burning for power.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 08:47 other posts 
Yes exactly.

And I will add something else; bustyman44d says: "We are still in the process of leaving our last ice age". How do you know? Because of SCIENTISTS!!!!

The same scientists who tell you climate change is real and it is caused by our unprecedented CO2 emissions.

Don't you think they know about ice ages?
By #610414 05,Feb,21 09:29
Heck, even fiction writers like Jean M Amuel writes about it. They even know how far the glacial ice reached into what is now the world's tropical areas.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 05,Feb,21 11:40 other posts 
Sure, sometime earlier than 650 million years ago the earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen. However that took millions of years to start and recover.
We are indeed at the end of the last ice age, that lasted until about 11,700 years ago. However the last 2000 years was pretty stable, although there was a 'medieval warm period' (of about +0.5°C) and after that the 'Little ice age' (of about -0.2°C). Those took several hundreds of years. Now (2017) we have shot up to +1°C in about a hundred years. It's almost certain we will not reach the Paris Climate Agreement goal of max. +1.5°C and will need to do a lot to limit the increase to max. +2°C.

So is it hotter now than it ever was? No, it was hotter in the 'Cretaceous Hot Greenhouse', roughly 92 million years ago. That was probably caused by widespread volcanic activity that boosted atmospheric carbon dioxide.
The last spike in temperature, although a bit less extreme, was the 'Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum' (PETM), about 55-56 million years ago. That has been attributed to a massive methane (CH4) release from marine gas hydrate reservoirs.

So why are scientists concerned? Because those previous hot periods either happened very slowly or were set off by a natural disaster, that set in motion a chain reaction. Humanity IS the natural disaster now, because we have increased CO2 levels to unprecedented levels. That way we can set off another chain reaction.
This happens when forests die, when permafrost thaws and rots (-> CH4) or when marine gas hydrate reservoirs are released. We are adding to the problem with our man made deforestation.

But, life survived back then, so why not now?
Sure, life survived, but many species didn't. Also huge areas of land were
under water, because the sea level was at least 45 m higher than today.
That would be a problem, because most big cities are on the coasts.

By #614425 03,Feb,21 19:26
Fiction, liberal lie

By #629627 20,Dec,20 19:13
If you prefer to believe NASA and all the worlds top scientists that have based their opinion on decades of research, information and fact - YES

If you prefer to believe someone with no exeperience or qualifications or relevant study, that is generally lazy and cant be bothered throwing their own garbage in a bin - NO

Vote - oil industry lobby $$$$ - you know they care

Do you trust NASA to get people to Mars - Yes
Do you trust NASA to identify climate change - No, its a communist conspiracy to get fat useless people out of their cars so that when they invade we wont be able to get home to get our guns.
By Strongmember# [Ignore] 20,Dec,20 20:35 other posts 
But I saw on Facebook that climate change is a hoax.. so.. some say it is real.. and now i hear hoax.. in my mind I can only evaluate 2 opposing realities as equal and opposite so.. I'll just say that the science is still out.. the jury is still out..
By phart [Ignore] 20,Dec,20 21:54 other posts 
It used to be global cooling when I was in about the 4th grade,then it was global warming,and now it is climate change. Do you not see the irony of all the changes to the name of the general idea the climate is "changeing"?
Every so often enough evidence would come up to debunk the name so they just changed it and moved along.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 21,Dec,20 17:53 other posts 
In my youth the crisis was about the ozone layer. We solved that one, without to much trouble.

Solving climate change is a bit more difficult, but just changing the source of power for our houses and industry to renewable energy would be enough to make a big improvement. Does that really sound so problematic?

If the US puts their head in the sand, turns away from science and progress and lets the rest of the world figure it out, than you will loose your significance in the world, you will fall behind more and more, other powers will take over as leaders of the world, everyone will drop the dollar to do business in, you will be isolated politically and see your your jobs shipped overseas even more.
Is this America first or will you just be the biggest losers in the world?
By #629627 23,Dec,20 00:10
NASA know nothing. scooter riding comic book reader knows better
By phart [Ignore] 23,Dec,20 10:30 other posts 
Who rides a scooter?
Nasa knows what they are paid to know.
Government funded.
By tecsan [Ignore] 21,Jan,21 22:22 other posts 
I agree, they always change the name to suit their needs for the present situation...
By #610414 23,Dec,20 00:13
strongmember# we are already seeing the effects of climate change. Just listen to the weather man
--------------------------------------- added after 730 hours

And while at it......FACEBOOK? Never heard of that scientific publication.
I you get out of your car and ride a bike more, you might develop enough stamina to put up a fight, when the commies invade.
By #629627 22,Dec,20 23:52
Trump has already encouraged his mate Putin to invade US defence agency software systems. Thats why he was inviting him for dinner along with Mike Flynn and all the other good o'l boys communist collaborators. Just because they were only working with Putin to get trump elected, doesnt mean they arent collaborators.
Then they gain access to US systems on the back of it.
Why not have them roll up at DC?
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 23,Dec,20 03:48 other posts 
You're afraid Trump will cooperate with the Russians to make your country a communist vassal state?
By #629627 14,Jan,21 19:38
Putin is pissing himself laughing. What a cunt trump is.AMerica has become a luaging stock. Uganda is taking teh piss out of us
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Jan,21 15:06 other posts 
Trump was awesome for Putin in Russia. I saw a comment of a Russian girl on YouTube, saying that she will really miss the daily Trump show on their news.
They have ridiculed him relentlessly over there. In China too, the communist party
is showing Trump as their best example that democracy is an inferior system.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #17   #18   #19   #20   #21   #22   #23   #24   #25   #26  

Show your Genitals